Wednesday, February 15, 2012

i am a doctor , but i am different

i am not just a doctor, who go to work everyday, come back, and repeat the same rituals everyday. i am also a patient, and yet on the same time i am a doctor too. i had a lot of hospital admission, despite being a doctor. my nurses , knows me as not only their daily doctor, but also their occasional patient. i went through my final year in medical school not just like any other doctors, as i had to battle with my health as well. to some doctors, maybe getting a medical degree is just fighting with books and exam.

it's different for me, i had to battle with my health, i had to manage my own medications to keep me going, i need to take care of myself well and not to get sick at times when i cannot afford to be at. it's tough , and i would never have words to describe them. i don't even look at the doctors whom are my friends who get flying colors in their medical degree, as to me, they don;t have to fight against health and other issues as i am.

i am not a loser, for seeking help at time of sickness, for asking my own nurses to help me move on hospital beds, for asking my own college to take care of me and review my progress daily during every hospital admission, i am not a loser, i am a fighter .

i will always fight as long as i am alive. and to me , being a patient and also a doctor at the same time, makes me a different one, not just to say i understand how difficult it is to be a patient, but ive gone through almost all of it, that none of my patients can tell me that i don;t understand

No comments: